Monday, February 28, 2011
I always had lots of Little Golden Books as a kid (Mister Dog was my favorite) and I STILL stop and look at them every time I am at the grocery. I have a small collection dating back to the 50s but I am always looking for more. Today I found out about an Exhibit titled Golden Legacy: Original Art from 65 Years of Golden Books
This exhibit will present the most extensive public showing ever of original illustration art from American publishing’s best loved and most consequential picture-book series, and guess what? You are in luck...it's nationwide tour has not missed us here in the South! Here are some dates and places:
6.25.11 - 8.14.11 : Lexington Public Library, Lexington, KY
9.24.11 - 1.1.12 : Greenville County Museum, Greenville, SC
9.2012 - 12.2012 : Cincinnati Children's Museum (Tenative)
Friday, February 25, 2011
How to Marble Paper
1. Fill a cake pan with water and a drop of dishwashing liquid.
2. Drip paint slowly onto the surface of the water so it floats. Use acrylic, oil, watercolor – any thin liquid.
3. Swirl the colors gently with a stick.
4. Curl the edges of the piece of paper up to form a U shape and dip the paper in the water center first, then lower the edges into the water.
5. Immediately remove and set aside to dry.