Monday, February 28, 2011

Little Golden Books Exhibit!!!




I always had lots of Little Golden Books as a kid (Mister Dog was my favorite) and I STILL stop and look at them every time I am at the grocery. I have a small collection dating back to the 50s but I am always looking for more. Today I found out about an Exhibit titled Golden Legacy: Original Art from 65 Years of Golden Books

This exhibit will present the most extensive public showing ever of original illustration art from American publishing’s best loved and most consequential picture-book series, and guess what? You are in luck...it's nationwide tour has not missed us here in the South! Here are some dates and places:
6.25.11 - 8.14.11 : Lexington Public Library, Lexington, KY
9.24.11 - 1.1.12 : Greenville County Museum, Greenville, SC
9.2012 - 12.2012 : Cincinnati Children's Museum (Tenative)

No comments: