Thursday, July 29, 2010

Secrets



I am sitting here in the studio listening to Count Basie's Taxi War Dance and thinking about a conversation I had today with a very dear friend from long ago. He said something to me that rang the golden bell in my head {and I paraphrase}...the moment was just between us two and it's no one elses business. That is a major revelation to someone who feels the urge to speak every thought that comes into her head. My husband has been telling me for years {and I quote}...you don't have to tell me everything. I'm not sure why I am compelled to discuss every thought traveling through my brain to any one who will listen but methinks that I am warming to the idea of having secret pockets that no one else can peer into.

This revelation coincides with a piece of advice that Chris gave me yesterday and that is "Be present in the moment. Enjoy every second of who you are with and what you are doing." Good advice.

No comments: